Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Christmas Christmas!!!!!!!

Hey everyone!

This week has been so Christmassy! There's no other way to describe
it! First off sister Ballard is just a champ. She plays the piano so
well, so she was asked to play in like 3 Christmas parties this week
and I was asked to sing in two of them, so that made the week very
festive in deed. Even though it's been like 80 degrees here, people
still try to make it seem like Christmas with lights and songs and
pretending it's freezing cold when it's like 70 degrees out hahaha
Californians are so adorable. It rained a lot yesterday (that's a fun
story) so it started to rain like crazy when we got done with dinner
from a member with the elders, so we ran to their car but they said
they couldn't take us anywhere because they had a lesson to get to and
they didn't want to drop us off in the rain. So we drove to their
lesson and they told us to not get out of the car because it was a
sketchy area and sisters are technically not supposed to be there. So
we were studying in the car, when sister Ballard said she had to go to
the bathroom so badly, and she couldn't wait. There was a grocery
store just at the end of the block so we RAN through the rain, jumping
over puddles, and made it to the store, and back soaking wet. It was
kind of fun! The Elders didn't even noticed we left at all, so it all
worked out fine.

Also, some good news I hope you all will enjoy- Maria is getting
baptized!!! Aaaaahhhhh I'm so excited for her! She excepted the date
January 30! It's been 10 years that missionaries have worked with her
on and off before, but she finally opened up to us and told us her
real concerns for being baptized and we were able to help her work
through it and give her a plan of how she will reach her goal. There's
a really good scripture you should read if you have trouble with
feelings of inadequacy, guilt, or a long for relief, Mosiah 26:30.
"and though repentance is not easy as we strive to obey with all our
hearts, he gives us this promise, 'Verily I say unto you
notwithstanding your sins my bowels are filled with compassion towards
you, I will not utterly cast you off, and in the day of wrath I will
remember mercy.' The savior wants to forgive." Elder Craig  A. Cardon.
This Christmas season is a time to remember why we need a savior. I
love being on my mission during this time especially because it helps
me focus on Jesus Christ more and understand more and more each day,
how much God loves us despite our imperfections. That is true love,
and that is true joy. I love my Savior, I love my Father in Heaven. I
can show my love for them everyday on my mission, and I challenge
those of you who are not on a mission to look and pray for missionary
opportunities to serve those around you and to share what we know to
be true.

I love you all! Stay warm! Keep smiling :)

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment