Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Happy Christmas :)

Dear everyone,
How was your Christmas?? You know I love my family from the bottom of
my heart and every Christmas I have had with them has been so amazing
and wonderful, BUT this Christmas has been my favorite, and hopefully
one I will never forget.

First off our contacting was on fire this week, we saw someone on the
street, on a bus stop and asked them if they had two minutes, if it
was a yes, we shared the video with them, if it was a no, we wished
them a merry Christmas and went on to the next person, because wow
there are so many people in California.

So we did have plans of seeing Sister Rounds (Sister Ballards aunt who
is also on a mission as a senior missionary here) on Christmas Eve,
like we did on thanksgiving, but for one reason or another our mission
president said no 😢 he said no like the day before Christmas Eve, so
we had to scramble to find a place to go which was no fun, BUT the
Glendale 1 sisters said we could go to a dinner in their Ward because
a member there wanted to feed all the missionaries in our zone so we
did that, and it was so fun! There was a piñata, and a white elephant
gift exchange and (best part) non members!!! Best Christmas gift you
could give a missionary right there! So we got some pretty solid
contacts for the Glendale 1 sisters. So then we spent the night with
the Glendale 1 sisters, because our heater was out and it was gonna be
like 40 degrees that night.... I'm such a weather whimp now hahaha. So
Christmas Eve night we all talked about why we wanted to serve
missions and shared our testimonies of how grateful we are for our
Savior. It was so spiritual and it made me look forward to next years
Christmas, and what I can do now to be a better missionary.
This whole transfer I have felt pretty inadequate, and I have been
lacking the faith that I should have in myself. I have failed to see
how much Christ has been walking with me in my mission. It's because
of Him I am here. As I strive to help other people, he in return helps
me, and I am so grateful for his promised blessings.

If there is anything I can do to help or serve you all in any way
through email, packages or letters let me know :) and I hope at this
time that we can all love those who have hurt us, and pray for those
in need, and go out of our way to show our love for our brothers and
sisters around us.
With love from,
Sister Plumb

I forgot to thank people for gifts!! I am so sorry!! Thank you to, the
brights, Lawson's, wanderys, grandma tish and grandpa John, the young
men of the Roxborough Ward, elder enos, and sister Lawson and of
course my wonderful family for all the lovely packages and cards this
week! They really brighten my day, and inspire me :)

Also a fun story for this week! Of all the almost accidents we see we
actually saw one saw one! So we were witnesses to a hit and run it was
insane. The police have been calling us to tell them what happened and
we identified people who could have been the person who hit and ran.
So that was fun. Almost converted the cop, but he said he was
good..... I don't think we'll hear from him again lol.

This is a picture of our district! They are the best we did a white
elephant gift exchange and I got a Justin Beiber toothbrush that
sings! Brushing my teeth won't ever be the same hahahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment