Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

格勒迪丝.耐赐 Gladys Knight

Hey!
What a great week this was! It just flew by! Mainly because we went to
the temple on Tuesday and then on Friday we went and saw Gladys Knight
and her Saints Unified Voices choir on Friday!
It was such an amazing spiritual event! Many of you may know Gladys
Knight from Gladys Knight and the Pips. Yes it is THE Gladys Knight.
And yes she did shake my hand! She is a member of our church, and she
came to Arcadia to sing to us and to bear her testimony of the church.
The spirit was so strong and I had never felt it in that way before.
It was as if our religion turned just 10 degrees baptist. People were
standing up and clapping and saying the old, "hallelujah, AMEN!"
Something I know I won't see again in our church building hahaha but
it made me so much more grateful for my Savior by expressing that
thanks in a different way.

Sister Gong loved it too. I translated some of what was said in the
vocabulary that she knew and a little in Chinese.... It was weird, but
it happened! Little miracles happening each day.

Also! Annett got baptized last week! Oh my goodness! I was so happy
that we ran into the Elders who are in Glendale!! They showed me a
picture of her getting baptized and I cried. She is Gigi and Justine's
neighbor. And we found her and taught her that day we were going to
split our area in Glendale. It was so cool to see the good results of
something that was so hard for us to do. And Annett is so amazing! She
had a lot to work on before she could be baptized but she did it! She
is such an example to me.

Let's see what else happened this week...... We are going to be
starting up English classes the first week of May. Which I am so
nervous for! Idk really what I'm doing when I'm teaching Sister Gong
English, but it seems to be helping her and I, so we will see where it
gets us in 3 months! Thank you for all those who have given me advice
on how to teach English, and the support and hope you have in us. It
really is giving me so much strength.

Well hope you had an amazing week!
Remember to say your prayers, read your scriptures, and be kind to
those around you.
God loves you, Jesus loves you, I love you!


Sister Plumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment