Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, April 4, 2016

Letter to Mom with More Details about her New Companion and Members in the Huntington Area

Dear mom,
Sounds like an awesome conference weekend. So jealous! But mine was
good too! We went to a members house for all four sessions and even
went to a less actives house for priesthood session, to make sure he
watched it. The members made us breakfast burritos and waffles yum!
The members here are so wonderful, I am so grateful for them. Did I
tell you that we have this one member who we call Grandma because she
drives us to the store every p-day and buys us extra groceries some
days? And then she takes us to dinner. She is so funny and cute and
like a Grandma :)

Yep it was transfers this week. I'm staying and Sister Vaea is going
to Pasadena BUT we are still in the same apartment! She just has to
move rooms haha so funny she will probably stay in Pasadena now the rest of 
her mission. My new companion is Sister Gong. She is from China. She
has been out for 14 months and doesn't know any English. So ya I just
met her today and communication is tough, but it is definitely
possible. It's like in Tarzan where they just act things out to
communicate hahaha it's fun.

Conference was in a word INSPIRATIONAL! I kinda have an idea of
what I'm going to do with my life after my mission now! I'm planning
on getting a general business degree and do internships from that
program that was talked about at conference-- the one with the British
guy (Elder Kearon). So that could lead to teaching kids English around the world or working for a humanitarian non-profit organization. Idk but that program could help me network and find my niche in that area. I still am praying about it to see if that's what I want to do so we will see!
I will send Jesse a card in the mail!
I love you!


Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment