Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Joy to the World

                                                                                          8/15/16
Hello and good afternoon my good people!            
Ok so many beautiful, eventful things happened this week, you will not
even believe!

So to start off I picked up my new baby [Trainee]!! Sister Briscoe is the bomb and I will explain why. Besides the miracle of my new
companion coming and my old companion making it safely back to China
on Wednesday (holla!) Sister Briscoe invited Cecelia to be baptized!
And she said yes!! DAH! It was a miracle and we had such a spiritual
lesson with her. The real twist of the week however was Joy. And I
know what you all are thinking... Who is Joy? Well we didn’t find out
until Friday who she was and then on Saturday she got baptized!
Whaaaat?? That right! Ok cool story.
Joy had been taking missionary lessons in Nevada for about 3 months
and was going to church and everything was good for her to get
baptized but then all of a sudden she moved to Glendora and someone
called the wrong missionaries to teach her. So for one week the elders
were teaching her and then she completed her interview and they
noticed her address was not in their area. Hence the reason we met
Joy! And I think there is a reason we were supposed to meet her and
the Elders were supposed to teach her. Just like how there is a reason
to everything. I don't know it yet. But I do know that Joy and I will
be best friends for a while :).
Moral of the story kids, miracles do happen. God rewards us in His own
time and in his own ways. I know when we are diligent and obedient in
all righteous things we are more happy and joyous. (See what I did
there ;)
Sorry if this email was too spazy for you.
Love you all!


Sister Plumb

My new companion, whom I am training, Sister Briscoe.  She is from Arizona mostly.

                                                               
                                                               Joy's baptism day!

 Sister Xia, my 2nd Chinese companion, who taught me a lot about obedience.  We served in the Glendora, CA area together.  She sacrificed a lot to be on her mission and was such a hard worker.  She is going to attend BYU Idaho and so we are hoping to be roommates together when I return.

 Sister Gong, my first Chinese companion, whom was I asked to teach English to.  She went home the same time as Sister Xia.  We served in the Pasadena area together.

No comments:

Post a Comment