Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, September 19, 2016

6 weeks = 1 day

Hello my good people!

Saturday was the end of the transfer, or the 6 week period of time
that you stay in an area or move or get a new companion. It went by way
too fast, but this time I'm happy to say that we were able to stay
together and in the same area of Glendora, CA. 

Joy left for her home in Nevada on Saturday, and I know she's
reading this right now and probably thinking, "why is Sister Plumb
talking about me in her email? Has she always talked about me in her
email?" The answer is yes, but only good things I promise ;). The
reason I add this in here is to let you know that all these people are
praying for you, even though they haven't even met you.
A mission is about helping people come closer to Jesus Christ and that can
be done in so many ways. Prayer is where it starts, because that is
the help that we are asking for from God, and he will always answer our
prayers.

Speaking of people to pray for, we will be meeting with Lily and
Alyssa tonight. Every time we have had lessons with them, they bring
up concerns but we are able to help them with their concerns and the
spirit is felt so strongly. We are now meeting with them and their dad
tonight to discuss how their reading went in Alma 32. We hope that
they can understand the connection that the Book of Mormon and the
Bible have together.

Update on Sister Briscoe's knee- we went to the doctors on Thursday and
they said that everything is fine. Her patella is just out of place,
and she needs to do some physical therapy to build the muscle up to
bring it back into place. So we are back to walking! And we will work
to biking again. It's just good to hear that everything is ok with
her. Thank you so much for your prayers and concern.
Thanks to her knee and the limited walking we got to know a lot of
members better this week though and visited a lot of people. So things are
still looking up :)
Shout out to my Bro Calvin who becomes an adult this week! And shout
out to my sister in Virginia, Sister Lawson, for turning the ripe old
age of 21. I love you both!


Have a good week :)
Sister Plumb

                                Sister Plumb and Sister Briscoe hiking with other
                                    Sister Missionaries in Glendora


Sister Briscoe, my companion 


Sister Vaea and Sister Plumb at the top of the hill looking over the city of Glendora



             





No comments:

Post a Comment