Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Friday, September 30, 2016

Today is Prep day - and a Miracle Week!

Hey all!
You might be thinking now... Why am I getting an email from Sister
Plumb? It's Wednesday! Yes you are correct no I am not breaking the
rules, but it has literally been an insane week. We had a Zone
Conference on Monday and we couldn't have our day to email on Tuesday
because we had an open house for our Institute, which I will explain
about in a bit because it was AMAZING.
Oh my... Where do I even start this letter? I don't know, I never
know. I'll just begin. Ok
Thursday we had such an amazing miracle happen!
We were returning from a meeting and having 30 min conversations on
the way to get some Taco Bell, because now I like Taco Bell (I know
Calvin and Jack probably don't believe me, but it's true. People can
change). So we are there, enjoying our Taco Bell, when a lady sees our
name tags and she said, "oh! Your tags say Jesus Christ! Oh! You're
sisters! That's amazing!" Her name is Kimberly and she begins to tell
us that she just moved here a week ago and before she left her
apartment to come here she had prayed that she would find a church
along the way. When she saw Jesus Christ on our tags she knew she
needed to talk to us! That was amazing :) we invited her to our open
house on Tuesday, and when we met with her on Tuesday she told us that
she knew that her grandma who had passes away a year ago was baptized
into our church a couple years before she passed away. She said that
meeting us was a sign to her that this is where she needed to be :) we
taught her the plan of salvation for all of gods children and I have
never felt the spirit so strong before like that in a lesson. She
accepted baptism immediately. Kimberly is so humble and she is so
prepared. She will be watching general conference with us this
Saturday and Sunday :)
I know that God is our Father in heaven. That we are here to become
like Him; to become better than we were, and I know this is done
through Christ and his atonement. I know that death is not the end of
life, and I'm grateful for the relief, and assurance I feel from the
knowledge of Gods plan for me. I want to share my testimony with you
all about how important it is to make known the teachings of Christ to
the world. We are put where we are for a reason. Sister Briscoe and I
were supposed to be at Taco Bell to meet Kimberly. Being where you are
right now and sharing the spirit with someone through your testimony
can literally change their lives. It changed Kimberly's in a matter of
minutes, and it can do the same for anyone who is willing to listen,
but how are we to know if they are willing to listen if we do not ask
them? I know that sharing this not only changes the lives around us
but it changes our own, and brings a kind of happiness that nothing

else can match.

No comments:

Post a Comment