Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, October 3, 2016

General Conference Weekend - Fall 2016

Hello? It's me.
I was wondering if you all were able to watch general conference?
No?
Well no worries because it's on lds.org go check it out. It's only
about twice a year that we get to hear a message from the prophet of
God and the apostles and other leaders of our church And how much it is needed with all the chaos in the world. We are blessed to receive insight from prophets and apostles who have been called of God to guide us in this ever moving world. I received a lot of personal revelation from listening this weekend. So that is going to be helpful in the future.

Well let me get into the week since it’s been 4 days since I have
emailed y'all last. A lot can happen in that amount of time. I went to
Azusa on Thursday and met some... Interesting people. That was
refreshing actually. People in Glendora are just not as interesting you could say. And that is not a bad thing of course! Nah. Ok. I'll just say
that only 2 homeless people yelled at me this week but hey! One of
them was in Glendora! So points to Glendora. ANYWAYS. Conference taught me patience since we had to take the bus between sessions and the people on the bus were difficult to love. I really could not find it in my heart to love one of them on the bus for a while. And then I listened during general conference to a talk about blessing those that curse you- that
was a duh moment for me. A good reminder. I know that God loves all his children, those who curse me, and those that curse Him. His love is still there. Isn't that beautiful? That is perfect love everyone. It's something that I need to learn. It'll take some time, but I know that there is such a relief from repenting and changing our ways and will to God’s. It is us taking the humble steps to Him that makes His love so real.

This email was a bit random and not what I originally planned to write
about. But it seems right. So I hope you all have a good week! I'll
try to send some pictures here soon because man oh man t’was an
adventure.

I love y'all. Truly.

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment