Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, October 10, 2016

Walmart


Good morning! Good afternoon! I hope you all are doing splendid. If
not, email me and we can talk.
Well it was another marvelous week hear in good ol’ Glendora! I am
enjoying the nice fall weather of 95 and sunny 😎. Yet I am still slow
to tan.
This week we had a pretty cool miracle. We made our way to Queena's
(our friend who just got baptized) house because I teach her cousin
piano every Friday night. Queena was still at work which was kinda sad
because we had brought our friend Lori from the young single adult
Ward to come with us so she could speak Chinese to them because.....
They’re Chinese. Sorry I forgot to mention that. But Lori started
talking with Queena's Aunt Esther, and from what I could understand
from the conversation was jiáohui- church. So she was talking to her
about the gospel! When I was done with teaching the piano. Lori asked
us if we could share the Joseph smith story with Esther! It was so
spiritual because she has wanted to know why there are so many
churches. We invited her to read the Book of Mormon and once we did
she immediately jumped up, went out of the room, and brought back
Queena’s Book of Mormon in Chinese. And she read the promise in the
back in Chinese and in English. I felt the spirit of what she was
reading and it brought me back to teaching English classes. I know
that there is so much power in reading the scriptures. I've seen it
happen. And Esther is just at the beginning and I'm excited to see her
progress :)

Hope you all have a nice rest of your week. Remember to smile. Don't
steal from Walmart. The gospel is good news. Book is blue, church is
true.. All that jazz.

Bye!

Sister Plumb

Sister Ballard, Sister Briscoe, Sister Vaea, and Sister Plumb share a house in Glendora, CA.  They have a lot of fun together!


Sister Plumb and Sister Briscoe

 Sister Plumb pushing Sister Briscoe in a wheel chair as her knee heals.  Glendora, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment