Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, October 24, 2016

Kimberly Cooper

Hey everyone!                                           10/24/16
Alright picking up from where I left off from last week- KIMBERLY COOPER. Wow what an amazing person!

About 3 weeks ago, Sister Briscoe and I were walking back from a very inspirational missionary meeting, and decided to take a little pit stop in Taco Bell- a restaurant the I am not too fond of, but that day, nothing else sounded as good. As we ate, we started talking to a lady who had just ordered, about the weather and life. She had just moved to California and was looking for service opportunities. We told her that our church has numerous service opportunities for her to be a part of. He face lit up. She said that she had prayed that morning that she would find a church to be a part of. She said that this was the start of the answer to her prayers and left. She called us the next day and left a message saying that she didn't realize what the name of the church was till she read it on the card, and she said that her grandmother had joined the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, just 5 years before she passed away. When we met with her the next Tuesday for our service activity, we ended up teaching her instead. We taught her the plan of salvation. We taught her why this life is so important, why we are important, and why it's important to follow God and Christ’s teachings. I can't ever
explain to you the spirit that is felt in these moments. Most of you know the feeling of when something is taught and then humbly received. Or to be on the opposite end and hearing the words that can change or have changed your life. That is what this gospel did for Kimberly. Life has given us all challenges that, at times can feel too hard to bear, but with Christ's gospel, anything is possible. Kimberly took the invitation to be baptized. She took the invitation to learn more and to be more spiritually fed. She accepted the gift that Christ gave to her, and she was baptized October 16, 2016. Her boyfriend, Ralph is now too going to be baptized. They plan on getting married
and eventually being sealed in the temple for eternity. Not only was this an answer to Kimberly’s prayer but also an answer to mine and Sister
Briscoe’s prayers of finding that person who was ready to receive the
gospel.

This week had it’s own set of miracles that would make this email just
way too lengthy. Real quick note! Shout out to my father- Mark Allen
Plumb for turning 32 yet again this year! I love him so much, and
couldn't thank him enough for all the fatherly advice and adventures.
I love you all too!
Be good this week. Watch out for clowns. Pray for our country. And eat
some pumpkin pie for me.
Bye.

Sister Plumb

Los Angeles Temple trip. Last one for her mission but was with 2 of her past companions as well, which was awesome.


P-day fun!

P-day fun with pumpkins!

The mark of a missionary! Los Angeles LDS Temple in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment