Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Hope

Hello and Good Afternoon,

Well y'all it's another week. Whether good or bad things happened to
you this week. It's another week and the world keeps spinning.
We've been meeting a lot of people this week, and I love them all so
much. Even that guy who decided to fight with us because I wouldn't
give him my first name, I love him too. You know I figure that people
are a little on edge now a days and are feeling a bit hopeless. Yet I
don't feel the same. Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God
might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the
right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the
souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always
abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
I love this scripture from the Book of Mormon because it lays out
perfectly all we have to do to be hopeful and how that can help us.
All it takes is a belief in God. When we believe in God we trust that
someone is there; that He is looking out for us and that He knows what
will happen and why. When all other judgements are unjust His are
just. When no one can show mercy or empathy He gave His son for us to
understand us. That is perfect love. This belief can grow in all of
us, which than can lead us to put a smile on our face with no fear in
our hearts because we know and are sure that in the end we will be
alright, and that everything will be ok.

We are finding people daily who are taking our message and using it in
their lives. We met a wonderful girl named Andrea who we gave a church
tour to, and we are excited for jake and his brother Chris to be
baptized on the same date together in December. We were talking with
one of our investigators Sarah, who is from sierre leone and she was
going to be baptized at the end of December but as we talked about it
we felt impressed to give her a date closer to Christmas. She said
that she never thought about it till then but it felt right because
her birthday is on the 23 and she would be re born again :) I love
her.

Also! Funny story. We moved apartments this week, and our first day
there, sister z and I were planning, and we heard someone outside our
door so we open it and a random Chinese lady was walking in our
bedroom! She looked as startled as we were to see her! We asked her if
she needed some help, but she quickly ran down the stairs and out the
door!! It was the funniest thing haha so now we know that just because
we live in a nicer area than before we still have to lock our door,
because you never know when a Chinese lady could walk into your house.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Love,



Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment