Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, November 7, 2016

I am you father

Oh. my. miracles. I know I say this like every email, but this week was a miraculous week! 
Monday: met my zoey, optimistic, loving, laughing, intellectual, nice, gorgeous, eats everything, righteous companion, Sister Zollinger, my new companion! And it was Halloween and we had to stay inside :( but it was good because we got to clean :)
Tuesday: met the amazing and soon to be famous David Apodaca, who is ready to be baptized on the 17 of December! Also I did something scary, I road on my bike through what is called the cat walk... at night which probably should not be attempted with out lights, but look at me. I'm alive! 
Wednesday: biked up a mountain, yes mountain, to a potential who told us he is potentially atheist, his name is bobby. He's going to be baptized. 
Thursday: met Neil and Shiro! Ok they are adorable. Neil just got recently baptized and his friend Shiro wants to listen to our lessons. Their English is, shall we say, progressing, and their spirituality is booming :) 
Friday: You know how like when someone is drowning and your like "hey I have a life preserver let me throw it to you to save you!" And they say, "nah man, I'm good with drowning. But sit there and talk with me as I drown." THAT is what it's like as a missionary. Some people are stubborn, and yet we don't give up hope. 
Saturday: Service for Sister Reeves who is just one of the sweetest ladies I have met in my life. 
Sunday: .... wow can't even remember yesterday.... well fast and testimony meeting you know? It's amazing. I really felt apart of the people there. Daniel and Shiro came. The lessons on commitment made me tear up a bit because I know that no matter how hard the difficulties we have or the afflictions that are faced before us or in our past. If our foundation is sure, if our testimony and commitment to the gospel is strong, than no force on earth can tear us down. 

I know I normally don't do those week format things but it just felt right to do this time around. I hope you all are happy. I hope you all are healthy. I hope my grandma and grandpa had a splendid birthday in Washington! I hope you all hold on to what is true and genuine. 

Love,

Sister Plumb

My new companion, Sister Zollinger. She is from Minnesota and her sister served her mission with my cousin, Arien, in Fresno, CA, Spanish speaking!  Small world - I love that!



No comments:

Post a Comment