Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, November 7, 2016

Rollin' in Rowland

Happy Halloween!

Everyone got their costumes ready? Got that over priced candy in a
bowl ready to give out? Wow. What a great time of year. Halloween just
gets me excited for Christmas. Did you know that there are 55 days
until Christmas? I just can't wait.

Alrighty this week- here's a funny story/miracle this week:
One day Sister Briscoe and Sister Plumb were knocking on people's
doors, sharing with them a message that can bring a smile to anyone's
face, and hope into their lives. As they made their way cheerfully to
a door, a friendly, toothless Chinese lady opened the door. They told
her how happy they were to see her, and how much they wanted to share
their message with her, but of course- she did not speak English. So
in Sister Plumb's very pathetic and broken Chinese she said- women shi
chuanjaoshi- we are missionaries. She gave them a very toothless smile
and welcomed us in 😳. NORMALLY THAT APPROACH DOESNT EVEN WORK IN ENGLISH. They were speechless. She told them to sit on the  coach as she went to the other room. After about 15 min of the shocked little sister missionaries sitting on the coach trying to figure out how to
give the first lesson to this lady in Chinese, a young Chinese man
came through the door and yelled back to his mom (in English) "the
missionaries are here!" Turns out....... our friendly Asian lady was a
member and that her and her family were feeding the missionaries
tonight, but they are in a different Ward, so they were feeding
different missionaries! The awkward part is that they are really in
our Ward so that was good laugh for us all, as we all ate pie. The
boy’s mom’s name is Irene and she is going to be helping us with Esther
and her family, with translating gospel terms and fellowshipping. We
were so relieved to find her so that she can help us!

Also I'm saying goodbye to good ol’ Glendora!... hence the title of
this email. I have been transferred to Rowland Heights! Yikes! Getting
that call near close to Halloween. Probably the scariest thing that
has happened this season – haha.

My new companion’s name is Sister Zollinger and she is spectacular!
Can't wait to get Rowland Heights rollin’ along! lol I gotta come up
with a different phrase.

Talk to you next week!


Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment