Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Fasting and Prayer Story

I think it's amazing that Heavenly Father cares not only for our spiritual well fair but also for our temporal. I've seen prayer and fasting change the lives of the people we teach here. The most humbling experience I've had is when we went to teach a lesson to a recent convert in glendale- Eddy Marrioquin. She lived in a shack behind the garage. And the ceiling wouldn't hold up against the rain and the walls were about to cave in. She would get so cold every night and would wake up with a bloody nose because of the amount of dust she would breath in and the mold on the ceiling. It broke my heart but every time we would come she would always feed us. Listen to our message and do the commitments we left for her. We could only take care of her spiritually (except for buying her an electric blanket at night) but as she followed the commandments and went to church every week, she saw the blessings. She got her endowments last year and she got a job! And her English is improving so much. She is finding a new place to live right now and is magnifying her calling despite circumstances. 

We've seen the blessings of prayer and fasting and keeping the commandments in our lives as well I know if we all commit to lives Heavenly Father expects of us we will be fine :) 

I love you so much mom! I'm grateful to be here on my mission and I'm grateful that you and dad are so supportive of me and have strong testimonies of the gospel. 



Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment