Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

1st Letter from Arcadia, CA!!

What a week it has been! I left the MTC on tuesday at 3:00am, but I wasn't tired at all because I'm officially a missionary now!! I'll just tell you all know I am probably the most dorkiest missionary alive. I love it so much! Sister Iaboo, my new companion, is starting to get annoyed with me cause I get so happy over the littlest things like leaving a message for a less actives. Sister Iaboo is from Kiribati (Kit-ty-bes) it's a very very tiny island below Hawaii east of the Philipeans. She is amazing! She didn't know any english before coming here and she's been out for a year now and she speaks the language so well! She is so brave coming from a  small remote island to the roaring city of LA. I know if I was in her shoes I would not be able to handle it.
I'm in the Glendale 2nd mission of Arcadia, which north east of LA, and it is so different compared to where I live in CO. First off there are flowers, people, cars, lizards, and dogs, and cats EVERYWHERE. I love it here, I'm in the city, next to a highway and a river so it's a very loud at night which is strange for me. Also the weather has been beautiful! 

So something interesting about our mission is that it was closed for 6 months before we came out so we are now opening the area as the first sister missionaries there (the missionaries here call it a pink washer)! It's awesome the ward was so excited to get sisters. So when Sister Iaboo and I came to the area we knew no one in the ward and none of the investigators or new converts. So we had to start from nothing but now we are doing so well! We have 6 new investigators and one of them is a family and we found them all from contacting!
Ok so quick little story about this week:

So the first investigator that I have taught is named Samantha, and we found her because there was a stray dog named lucky that was following us while we were tracting so we figured we should bring him back but we didn't recognize the street, and the maps on sister Iaboos Ipad wasn't working. So we knocked on the closest door which was Samanthas and we asked for directions. She pointed us in the right direction but then we told her that we were missionaries and wondered if she would be interested in our church. She said she was very open minded and we set a time to come by. So that was all thanks to a dog named Lucky :) Our first lesson with her went so well and I gave her a Book of Mormon I have been keeping and highlighting in so that I could give it to my first investigator. I will let you all know how she does in this coming week. 

As I have said before and I will continue to say it I love being a missionary. There is nothing else I would rather be doing now than being out here and serving people. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know he has done so much for me and will continue to do so. 
I love you all so much!
Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment