Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Zhenya's Response to her Dad's email 9/20/15 - Read 2nd

Dad,

The tailgate party was so fun! It really made me miss hearing you guys watching football games down stairs. I could just picture the disappointed screams from you guys when BYU lost by one point. I saw the Hardmans and Tyler Lawson at the tailgate though! I keep seeing old faces from home and it's pretty distracting hahaha so I'm glad you didn't show up to the tailgate because that would've done it for me. I told Sister Iaboo that you were in town and we were joking about how you could possibly worn a disguise and pretended to be an investigator hahaha that would be funny. 

If there is one thing I learned this week it is patience. And I still haven't learned it fully. Honestly I thought I had it down with having four brothers but that's a different kind of patience. Thank you so much for your mission story about your companion. I can't control what my companion does or what she says or what the investigators do or don't do; all I can control is myself. And with that comes A TON of humility. Being new from the MTC and opening up a new area with a companion who doesn't know the area or the members or most of the language is very hard and it's not what I wanted or was expecting when I came out on my mission. I expressed some of this to my mission president and he told me that two elders came to this mission straight out of the MTC as companions and had to open an area and they were supposed to be speaking Korean. They couldn't get any help from members because they all spoke Korean and no one was there to help them. So yea that really put things into perspective for me. I know that nothing in the mission is going to be perfect because we are all imperfect people striving for perfection. And that's all that really matters as long as we are putting in the effort to become perfect like our Heavenly Father and follow the will that he would have us we don't have to worry about what situation we are thrown into because he knows us and he knows what we can and can't handle. 

Having faith in Christ comes easy for me. Having faith in myself is a bit harder, but if my faith in Christ is strong than the faith in myself should be easy.

Did your work in LA go well then? Anything specific I need to pray for?


Thank you! Love you!
Sister Plumb 

No comments:

Post a Comment