Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I love to see the Temple

Hello once again!

Sorry I wasn't able to reply to everyone yesterday. Today is actually
my prep. Day because our zone went to the temple this morning at 5am!
Yay for being a missionary and waking up super early! Haha the Los
Angeles temple is very pretty. It is kind of strange to look at with
its flowers and trees and grass all around it because it's by a major
city with busy streets and so many people rushing around, but that's
what makes it so beautiful. My favorite thing about the temple is that
once you touch the front door handle to walk in you automatically feel
at peace and you forget about the noisy city and the worries going on
in the world. This time I went into the temple with a question that I
had in mind and have been praying about to get more understanding.
While in the temple my question was answered and I know that the
temple is a place of peace and reassurance. It helps you solve the
problems that you face. Christ's whole gospel helps you solve the
problems you face! The little things you do to show your love and
devotion to the Savior gives you an opportunity to have those
questions resolved and the first step to all that is prayer. I know a
lot of people are struggling to know that they have a literal Father
in Heaven who loves them. I want them to know that He is not only
yearning to hear from you but he is willing to answer you. He is
always there. And he has never left you. "... But his hand his hand is
stretched out still."(Isaiah 10:4) After all that we can do turn to
the Savior.

Story of the week:
Hhhhmmm well some little things
- took like a thousand weird smelling lotion bottles out of one box
and put them in an identical box in a ladies garage as a service
project and got bit by a spider.
- got hugged by a random stranger on the bus. Nice guy.
- Sister Iaboo thought our Presidents name was Oklahoma hahahaha this
was seriously the highlight of my week it was so funny. I mean I guess
Obama kinda looks or sounds like Oklahoma hahahaha

Take care everyone :)


Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment