Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, September 21, 2015

Homeless -9/20/15

Happy Monday Everyone!

This week went pretty well. Almost like a mission should go I guess. We had to drop a couple investigators and a ton of appointments were falling through for us which was tough and stressful, but when doors close even more open! We some more investigators who are so awesome and the family we have been teaching is progressing towards baptism we just have to set a date now! Opening up an area for me is going slower than I would like it to go but I have learned to have patience with it and mostly with myself. This week though I had the amazing opportunity of going to the BYU vs UCLA tailgate. It was so fun and I saw the Hardmans and Tyler Lawson! It's been great to see some old faces here on my mission but it is a bit weird at the same time hahaha.

Interesting story for the week:
So I'm sure you're all a little curious by the title of the email for this week and that is because Sister Iaboo and I had a little experience in being homeless. Yea.... so we are staying with a member of the ward and it is just her, her husband, and her son living in the house and on Wednesday we see her packing some suitcases into her car and she told us that she was going to be babysitting her grand kids for the weekend and then left. and we aren't allowed to stay in a house without an adult female there so we had to scramble to find a place to live for the next 3 nights. So we were just traveling around in the car with the sister training leaders in our zone calling as many people as we could to find a place to stay. Then finally some Spanish sisters were able to let us sleep on their couch so that was an adventure hahaha love the crazy things that happen to us as missionaries, never a dull moment.

I hope you all are doing well! Let me know if there is anything you guys need. I want you all to know that if you are going through a hard time the best thing for you to do is serve. Serve the ones that have wronged you and the ones you have wronged and miraculously everything works out I promise! Try it out!

Love you guys
Sister Plumb


Tailgate!
fun fact the missionary on the left in the stripes has the last name of Magnum (which is also the last name of the BYU quarter back) so she got a lot of questions about that hahaha but ya shes not related to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment