Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, October 19, 2015

To Be Bold - 10/19/2015

My dearest family and friends,

What a great week it's been! I hope you all have been enjoying the
nice fall weather. It's starting to cool down here and the leaves are
falling but don't change color. Everything is just always green. So
that's interesting. This week we had to drop the family we were
teaching. They say they are going through some issues right and now
and need to figure it out on their own, but I think that's code for we
don't want you guys to come around anymore. So that's nice. A key
principle I've learned this week comes from Nephi 16:2 "wherefore, the
guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very
center." This week I've been trying to be more bold in our lessons.
And I didn't realize I wasn't until we taught a referral (her name is
Refugio) from some sisters in the area next to us with them. They
taught with such boldness and plainness it made sense to the
investigator and didn't come out harsh. I have come to find that when
you speak with boldness you find those who are ready to hear the
Lord's message, because those who are offended by what you say take
the truth to be hard and are not ready for that change in their life.
And in that lesson they invited her to be baptized and she was so
excited to do so. So the Next lesson I tried it, and we set a date
with her for November 7. And she said yes of course! Why would she say
no to promised blessings and gifts?? It was amazing! We have been
meeting with her everyday, and I can see her testimony growing so
much!

My other story for the week:
There are A TON of Armenians where we live. So when ever we go
contacting or pass people by on the street they are almost always
Armenian. We met this one gentleman named Rafik and when we spoke to
him he spoke English pretty well and we invited him to church the next
day. He showed up which was great but we realized that his English is
very very broken. Surprisingly the only words he seemed to make out
were, "you, me, everything!" We were so confused, but he was smiling
and just saying those three words over and over again along with,
"English, I listen and I know, everything!" He went to all three hours
and we told him we would set him up with the Armenian speaking elders.
So when all five of us met again, Rafik and the Elders were speaking
back and forth in Armenian and it sounded so cool. I really wish I
could understand it but it's crazy. Any ways, they said Rafiks
intentions to coming to church was to learn English better, not so
much about the church. But something really cool he told them was that
being in this church he had felt something he had never felt before in
other English speaking churches. He knew there was a reason we met him
and invited him to church and he was so impressed by the people who
came and introduced themselves to him. Most of all though, he was able
to feel the spirit, even though he didn't understand the language of
the speakers, he was able to hear the language of the spirit which
speaks to everyone the truth. The Armenians will be giving him English
classes along with some of the gospel lessons as well, and he will be
coming to our church every single week! I've always known the Lord
works in mysterious ways and I can't wait to see the blessing that
will come to Rafik and Refugio as the gospel changes their lives.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Mosiah 24:15- (replace Alma with your own name)


Love much,

Sister Plumb

These pics are of Sister Plumb with other missionaries in her district.  Her companion is still Sister Iaboo.  I have been writing Sister Iaboo because she doesn't get much mail since her family is on a remote island.  If anyone wants to write her please join.  She is a brave young woman and such a great missionary companion for Zhenya right now!  We have adopted her as our missionary until she goes home in 4 months.





No comments:

Post a Comment