Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, October 26, 2015

Tracting

Hello one and all!
Did you all have an amazing week? I hope everyone is happy and healthy :)

Well let's see my week was pretty enlightening. Our stake had a
revelation that in order to increase membership missionaries should
start tracting, which is knocking on people's doors and sharing the
gospel with them. Arcadia, CA hasn't been a tracting mission because
it can be very dangerous to tract in a lot of areas. So they brought
the idea to President Villanueva of our mission and he agreed! Great!
So it is just our zone in the mission that will start up tracting
again. It has been very interesting. I'm not going to say I have a
passion for tracting... Yet! So far this week it's just been hard
fitting time to tract into our schedules. We're supposed to be
tracting 2-3 hours a day but this week it's been hard to get 1 hour!
No interesting stories to tell from it yet though. Just saying who we
are and invite them to learn more about Christ and then they say no.
I'll try to get some stories for you guys though for next week ;)

One thing I can say is that tracting definitely puts contacting in perspective.
Contacting is so much easier now! And we pray A LOT. It's a amazing
how much you rely on the Lord especially when you have no idea what
you're doing and somehow it all works out. I know that because I have
put my trust in him that he is going to lead me to others who need to
hear the message that will bring them to a brighter future. So ya the
mission's hard, I wanted it to be hard, I'm like super excited that
it's hard, because that's how great things get done! And great things
are getting done. Sister Iaboo and I are laying down a great
foundation here that didn't have sister missionaries for a while, and
I have a feeling that though people don't accept what we have to say
yet, they will later on in their lives.

So unfortunately we had to drop Refugio this week, which was tough.
Apparently she didn't understand that she had accepted a baptismal
date.... So that was awkward. So that limited our teaching pool. But
we went and visited a referral from the church head quarters, which
aren't usually that good because the info can be out dated, but this
guy was solid! His name is Khan and he told us that he was ready to
learn about our church, and he accepted the invitation to be baptized!
Also we got a referral from the elders! Her name is Brittany and she
is 16 years old and she just lost her dad and wants to find a religion
to connect with him. So we'll see how those potentials go!

Funny things that happened to me this week:
3 people asked if I was Russian (Which really isn't that random, this
place is very culturally diverse, and people like to ask where
everyone is from to speak their native language)
1 lady asked if I was pregnant
1 guy said I looked like Jennifer Lopez

Have a lovely day!

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment