Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Two Emails in One - 2nd One 10/12/15

So this week: 10/12/15

This week was transfers and I knew sister Iaboo and I wouldn't be
transferred because we are opening up a new area. So this week I would
like to explain a little more what it's been like opening up an area
my first week out on the mission.

So when I first met Sister Iaboo it was hard to understand what she
was saying from her accent and communication was tough. The area was
difficult at first because we are pink washing it. Which means that
missionaries had not been in the area before so we didn't have an area
book, which means we didn't have people to teach and we didn't know
the members and we didn't know how to get around. It was a slow start
up and it meant that we had to get right into contacting to get people
to teach. So our first few weeks we would have days just for
contacting and it was exhausting and very hard because I had no idea
what I was doing. It was a lot of rejection and I felt like we weren't
progressing at all in this area.

On my mission so far we have only gotten 2 progressing investigators that we found on our own but one ended up dropping us and one we had to refer. It's been difficult, but
that's how I learn the best. I learn through the trials that we have
faced and find ways to work around them. So now we are doing better. I
got Sister Iaboos accent down and she has learned so much more English
in just a few weeks! We are getting more lessons for the week with
investigators and the members know us and recognize us and are helping
us out so much! Humility hit me like a brick wall my first week in,
because I had all these expectations of what it was like to be a
missionary. Most of all I learned patience. I'm still learning
patience, that in the end, everything works out and that Heavenly
Father has a plan for all of us and that Sister Iaboo and I have a
divine purpose for this area, and it may not happen right away or when
we want it to, but it will in the end. Prayer has been a huge part in
this change that I have seen so far. I have prayed to Heavenly Father
to help me know what his will is for me and his will for those I
teach everyday. I still exercise patience everyday. I have to repent
everyday. I have to humble myself everyday to be sensitive to the
spirit and for the Lord to mold me into who he needs me to be for
others, and I am loving every second of it :)

I'm sorry for the super long email! Let me know how you guys are
doing! Btw thank you to Sister Folkman, Sister Wolfe, Skye Hatch, and
Elder Enos for sending me letters!


I love you all!
Enjoy your week,

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment