Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, November 30, 2015

Speaking in Tongues

Family and Friends,

First off I would like to thank you all so much for your love and
support and for reading my emails! Maybe you don't read them every
week that's ok. Some of my stories are random or boring or gross (like
big Bertha) but I do hope to share a message about Jesus Christ in
each one.

Alright well this week, I think I was really feeling a sense of
urgency and determination. With our new missions theme "We are on
fire" by having 5 new investigators a week, I felt more inspired. We
had one true investigator last week, and she has been progressing off
and on. This week we were able to find 3 new investigators and we got
one progressing. We didn't get our goal of 5 but I'm so grateful for
the people we found. They are each so unique and willing to accept God
and Jesus Christ in their lives. So I'll share one neat experience I
have found to be true on my mission so far. It has to do with our new
investigator Kanzm. Sister Iaboo and I talk with many people whose
first language isn't English, and who know only a few words in English
though. I have come to find though that if we talk with everyone, even
those who don't speak English that well, they are able to say enough
in English for us to get their information and refer to other people.
That said, I know that God has put these people in our paths for that
very reason, and that they were able to speak English well enough at
that moment so that they could hear our great message that will change
their lives for eternity. So that's what happened with Kanzm. We met
him at a bus stop in which he spoke perfect English. Then we had our
first lesson with him and we had to use google translate the whole
time. I believe we will be sending him to the Elders who speak Persian
now but the situation is hazy because he doesn't live by Persian
members. What matters though is that he is learning the gospel of
Jesus Christ and is willing to accept Him as his savior.

Ok crazy story time:
Well only thing really is when we were Tracting we met this really
cool Catholic guy who gave us prayer necklaces. So that cool.
Something I might be keeping for a while. don't ask why. I thought it
was nice.

But ya! I love you all!!!
Thank you to all those who have sent me letters and packages!
If you all need my address again
614 W Foothill blvd
Arcadia, CA 91006

Have a great week :)
Sister Plumb


Cutest dog in the world



No comments:

Post a Comment