Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, November 9, 2015

Mission on Fire!

Hey everyone!
This week went by so fast! Just like last week! I'm not sure I can continue to keep up, its amazing!
So P day was super fun! We went up to La cañada and played soccer barefoot. Sister Iaboo was goalie and she screamed so much when the ball would get close to the net it would scare the other players it was so funny. A lot of people got foot injuries and I dislocated my toe but it's back where it needs to be now :) we then ordered pizza but when the zone leaders went to go pick it up a member who was there had already paid for them! So we got free pizza it was awesome! We also had cake and soda too, it was a party. Oh then it started raining!! El Niño has come! Haha actually idk if it has or not or if it will be as crazy as people say it will be. 

Tuesday and Wednesday went by in a blur. We met with some less actives, and we met with Maria! We have been praying for a baptismal date for her. We told her we believe that she'll be ready by the 28 of this month. We wanted her to pray about and she said that she would. She wants to be baptized but she said that she wants to gain more knowledge about God and Jesus Christ. She wants to be 100% sure that this is what she needs to do. She took lessons in the past with her friend who is recently baptized and she has been saying that she wants what she has- she just knows that she needs to get there on her own and that it won't take her all at once. I love Maria so much! She knows the importance of everything we are teaching her and she knows how much it will help her life and she knows that it won't be easy at times, but she knows it will be worth it. There's not much that sister Iaboo and I do then let her talk and let the Holy Spirit teach her and testify the truth to her. I know that day by day she will grow stronger in her decision to change. 

Ok so my crazy story happens Thursday:

So first off we had a bomb awesome zone meeting! President Villanueva wants our mission to be on fire! Not literally hahaha but like in sports terms. In order to be a mission that's on fire we are challenged to get 5 new investigators a week! I know sister Iaboo and I can do it. Anyways it was super inspirational. So inspirational in fact that that the next decision I would make wasn't given too much thought. So as a zone we went to Los Gringos. So there's a challenge there called the Big Bertha, which is a huge burrito with.... Well idk what's in it really, but a lot of meat, cheese rice and random vegetables, it's basically everything and anything you could put in a burrito. So Elder Stooky, Elder Nelson, Elder Flowers, and yes myself, decided to take on the Bertha. And well I did it. I did the big Bertha challenge, and I got 3/4 of the way through, I'm proud to say. Hahaha Elder Flowers, Elder Stooky, and Elder Neilson finished the whole thing! And then Elder Stooky had ice cream and then finished the rest of my burrito!! I was still full by Friday! I've had 4 brothers and I still don't understand how they could eat so much hahaha
                                                   The Big Bertha!
Beautiful Art on Buildings in L.A.

                                                         I need a tan! I am soooo white!
We played soccer bare feet and in our pj's! Yep those are PJ's the Elders are wearing!


No comments:

Post a Comment