Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, November 30, 2015

Training!

Hello again! Is everyone excited for thanksgiving this week? Yep
should be delicious!

Well this week has been pretty good I think!

Brittany has really been progressing and has such a strong desire to
be baptized! It's amazing, She went to church last week and said she
knew this is the place she needs to be, she said it was as if she had
been here all along :) She's only 16 and I think it's amazing how
dedicated she already seems. She needs courage to stand up to her mom
and let her see her testimony of the church.

Maria has been going through a lot of health issues and has been busy
with renovating her apartment. Sister Iaboo and I were praying for her
constantly and stopping by because her feet were the size of
cantaloupes! She hasn't been taking care of her health or diabetes and
it's really been scaring me, but we saw her yesterday, and had a great
lesson with her about the atonement. She's had all the lessons before
and she knows the fundamentals, she now understands that she is
hopeless without the atonement. We can all can move on, change, heal,
hope, live, love, feel free because of the atonement. And it's not
going to be learned all at once! We learn it every single day even
after we're baptized and that is what makes this life and this gospel
so amazing :)

Kanzm, is being taught by the Persian elders and they say he's doing great!

Dmitri, we picked up last week and he's a roommate of one of our
members. He lived in Russia half of his life and came to America all
on his own. He said he really liked the vibe he was getting from us
(*cough cough* spirit!) When we ended he said he wanted to say the
prayer! He said he had tried to pray before on his own just to try it
but now he felt like he really really needed to. He gave the most
beautiful prayer for someone who hadn't prayed before a loud. It's
amazing what the spirit can do through us if only we allow it to.

Justine and GiGi, they have actually been our investigators for some
time now. They are sisters, Justine is 15 and GiGi is 12. They live in
the projects where the blind side was filmed actually. They were
taught back in February, and had gone through all the lessons and even
had a date to be baptized! We met with them and they shared their
great testimonies on prayer, and the experiences they had. They go
every Sunday! So we know they have a testimony, they just need courage
as well.

Well I've been out in the mission for 12 weeks. Not that I'm counting,
I'm not! But there is a new missionary program called 12 week to help
you adjust to missionary life. So just finished that. Last Thursday I
got a call from the assistant presidents that I will be training a new
missionary this coming Tuesday!!! I'm so excited! I don't know who she
is yet, but I love her already!

But that's pretty much it! This week we taught all those
investigators! So I thought i would tell you a bit about them!! What I
really learned this week is that God puts us in places for a reason,
that we're supposed to be where we are now (even if it wasn't in the
plan beforehand) to fulfill a purpose. Nothing that we do goes to
waste. Everything is accounted for, and will have some effect either
right at that moment or in years to come! And I think that's amazing
:)

I love you all! Keep me updated in what's going on!!
Thank you to Sister Stullers Valiant 8 class for the pictures of
turkeys and encouraging words :)

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment