Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, March 28, 2016

LOVE

                                                            3/28/16

Wow this week was something else. Literally I have learned so much,
and unfortunately there is just no way to explain it all in an email.
This week we sang happy birthday and made a birthday cake for an
investigator and to a less active, we contacted people on the street
with a ukulele, gave service where we hauled some cubes, and biked 46
miles.
Also, being that it was Easter week, for my studies, I read what the
Savior was doing each day until his resurrection. I wish so badly that
I could have been there by His side the whole time. As missionaries we
are supposed to try to emulate all the attributes of Christ as best we
can. As I have been working on one each week, I thought for Easter
charity and love would be more fitting, since it's one that I really
want to work at. What I've learned is that love is so dang powerful.
In the most destructive and in the most wonderful way, love can
change everything for someone. Jesus Christ was the perfect example of
love. He knows each of us so perfectly because he has gone through
each sorrow and pain that we have. Despite all that He was hated and
betrayed, and yet was still able to forgive and love those who hurt
him. When I think of Jesus Christ I think of love. I am so grateful
for Him, words really can't describe. When you feel that no one
understands or if you can't see a brighter future, remember what your
facing right now has already been faced and it has been conquered. We
can look to the future with Hope because of Him.
The mission is amazing. There are always things to look forward to each and everyday.
I love you all! Sorry it's so short!

Love always,

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment