Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Will of God

Hello beautiful people!
                                                                                          3/14/16
It's so nice that y'all aren't sick of my emails yet ;)
This week was just as good as the last! Despite Sister Vaea getting
sick this Wednesday :( poor girl... Sounds like she is hacking up a
lung and yet she still wants to go out and work. That is the kind of
missionary she is :) until on Friday she had pushed herself too much
she didn't even wake up....I thought she was dead, she wasn't
waking up! Just kidding, that is super dramatic but she was
pretty sick so she slept the whole day. I still went out and did
missionary work though! Thankfully we live with another set of
sisters in our apartment and Sister Chatterton had had surgery on her
toe, so she was bed ridden. Sister Tilini (Sister Chattertons
companion) and I worked each other's areas. It was awesome! And we got a lot done despite us driving back and forth to each area. So that was
pretty eventful.

Saturday will be my main topic of this email though because it was mission conference!!!! Yay! We had Elder Hamula of the 70 (name of a leadership group in our church) come and speak to us. He was going to talk with us for an hour and a half however he stopped 30 min into his talk and said, "Brothers and Sisters I do have a talk and a topic to speak with you today, however I feel like I need to open up a question and answer for you all right now." So that was way cool and way needed because there was a new rule that president came out with regarding our preparation days (P-Days). Instead of emailing the whole day, we now get an hour and a half to
email, also we have an hour to play sports, and we have to be at our
church buildings in our area. So a lot of the questions were centered
around the will of God, which I found really interesting seeing as
this has been a topic in my studies for a good month or two. What I
really liked is his process in how to change, and that is to:
1) accept that you have the agency to act and not be acted upon
2) act outwardly the way you want to be inwardly
3) avail yourself of the lords grace.
I'm really grateful for these new rules because it will make our
mission so much better. I know the Lord needs us to change some things
in order to further his work and if a little thing like this is going
to do it then I know the missionaries here and the people they teach
are going to be blessed.

In other news I am so pumped for this week!!! Lynn Egan is getting
baptized this Friday and we will be attending the temple with her
tomorrow! She is seriously my favorite. She made us homemade bread and it was delicious.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! Btw go check out mormon.org
and search #hallelujah you won't regret it :)


Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment