Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, March 21, 2016

Lynn Egan

Good afternoon everyone!                           3/21/16

This week was so special, especially for Lynn (that's why I'm naming
this email after her)! On Friday Lynn got baptized. This is a decision
that she has studied out for years, and finally came to the decision
of making it 3 months ago. Her story can be an example to all of us on
how important it is to be a missionary to everyone. Lynn's first
experience with the church was when she was very young and would go to
church with her aunt who was a faithful member. She loved her aunt and
the values that she lived by so much that she wanted to stay with her,
but she was unable to because she had to care for her 3 younger
sisters. As her life went on she got married and now has 3 daughters
and 13 grandchildren!
All her life she has studied the bible, has gone to a couple general conferences, and even has a family search account she's been working on. She said that the things that she has learned has helped her and her family stay united and close. The funny thing is that Lynn knew she had two neighbors who were Mormon. They have been friends for 10 years and have invited her to relief society activities, but didn't really talk about the gospel with her. Until one day their daughter gave Lynn a Book of Mormon and invited her to read it. Lynn read it and then went back and wanted to learn more. As we taught her she continued to thirst for knowledge. She read the ensigns (Church magazine), past general conference talks, and one day we came by and she told us that she had read all of preach my gospel! (That is a manual that we use to teach people!).
Lynn told us that she had always wanted to be baptized she just needed the right guidance to get there.  She knows that it takes time to get your own testimony, and she hopes that she can be the same example to the rest of her family as her Aunt was to her. Oh the best part of this story! Her Aunt is like 91 and she wanted to surprise her by bringing her Aunt to her baptism. It was such a tender reunion! And her Aunt was so happy to see her all in white. Lynn's husband Larry even came to the baptism! He isn't too thrilled about church, but he likes to see his wife happy.
Lynn is an example to me of how beautiful things come over time and through a lot of work, and even if it takes a while that doesn't mean we give up. We keep going and we can always start again, because we have a Savior. We fall and mess up time and time again, but because of Him we can be freed from our mistakes and our trials. We can look at each new day as a new beginning to our lives. There is so much good in this world. I
have seen it in people and in the work that I do. I'm so grateful for
Lynn and the decision she made and the progress that she will continue
to make.
I challenge you all to pray to find someone who is looking
for this knowledge and invite them to come to church with you or read
the Book of Mormon. You won't regret it :)

Thank you all for your prayers and your support! You all have made a
difference in my life and I'm so grateful for each and everyone of you
:)
Love
Sister Plumb

Pics will come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment