Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Eternal Families 永恒的家庭


Hello everyone!

Alrighty lets get this email started. So this week I have learned a
lot more than other weeks on my mission. And I know I probably say
that a lot but hey at least I'm learning each week!

Ok I'll start with a scripture,
Doctrine and Covenants 84:88
And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before
your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my
Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to
bear you up.

With my grandma being sick for a few weeks I had been praying that she
will feel peace and that my family too will be comforted. I had been
praying for strength that I may be able to conquer the challenges that
may lay ahead of me.
When my grandma passed away I was in a mission conference with Elder
Gaverret of the seventh, learning about temples and how we want to
keep that as a goal for our investigators to get to (That's what I got
from it anyway). My parents were at the Fort Lauderdale temple that same
Thursday, when they heard the news, and in her home my grandma was
surrounded by her family before she left this earth life.
This last Thursday God sent me an angel to help me in my work. I have
been thinking of my grandma so much more now in what I'm doing, and I
know that she is helping me and the rest of my family in more ways
than we even know.
We had a lesson with Regan that night and we were talking about the
atonement. As I explained all that Christ went through up till His
death and then His resurrection I started to cry tears of joy, because
it had never been more true or real to me of how I know I will see my
grandma again, how I know I will see her in her perfect state, and how
we will be together forever, than right then. I got a small glimpse
from testifying about eternal families, of what it will be like when I
see my grandma and others of my family again, and my knowledge has
turned into a strong belief. I know that it is because of our Savior
Jesus Christ that we can see our loved ones again, that death does not
separate us, that we can press forward in all things with faith in
Jesus Christ.

The knowledge I have of how the gospel blesses families is exactly why
I am on my mission. If I have known this my whole life how can I not
share this with others who are going through the same situation or
worse? I feel a joy in the knowledge that I have of this gospel and I
feel that joy 100 times stronger when I share it with someone and when
I see them use it in their own lives.

Heavenly Father has been teaching me so much on my mission, and I
can't believe it's already half way over! There is still just as much
and more to learn in the next 9 months!

Going back to the scripture, I know that I have not only been
strengthened by my grandmother but also from those around me. I want
to thank all of you for the support and prayers that you give to
missionaries, and especially to my family at this time, because they
do work. Prayers are powerful and they are answered in many different
ways, but I know it is always the way that will be for our
learning.... And if we learn it right it will be for our benefit. That
didn't have much to do with the scripture but the point is you all are
angels :)

One more scripture!
Doctrine and Covenants 123:17
Therefore...let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and
then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the
salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
That was from my dad a while back and I just can't stop thinking about
it. I love it!

I love you all!
Sister Plumb

Yay happy halfway mark!








No comments:

Post a Comment