Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Glendora 格伦多拉

Hello!
And to those of you I just added to my weekly email- welcome! If you
get tired of my emails feel free to spam me or tell me you don't want
my emails, but actually that would be really sad. Don't do that.
Anyways! This last Saturday I got the call. The call to be transferred
out of Huntington to Glendora 1 Ward! Woah. Was not expecting that
one! Sister Gong and I thought I was going to finish up her mission
with her, but instead it looks like I'll be finishing up with her last
companion from Chinese work Sister Xia! Oh my goodness. Sister Xia is
so amazing. She is adorable and such a good missionary, I'm so excited
that I get to keep working on my Chinese! I've been hearing good
things about Glendora... People say it's like a mini Utah down here
and there's a to die for donut shop. So I'll check it out and let
y'all know!
I was sad to leave Huntington especially because a miracle happened
AGAIN this Sunday. First- Justin who we met a couple weeks ago called
us up and said that he wants to meet with us. So first we explained
all about our church and he was like ya that sounds good I want to
come to church! So he came and loved it! He is going to be going to
the Glendale young singles adult Ward though so that will be good for
him. Second- a random guy named Kevin walked into church yesterday
saying that he wanted to learn English and about Jesus Christ, and we
were like PERFECT we do both those things! So that was pretty amazing.
I know I've said this like a million times in this email but it really
was sad to leave Huntington, especially saying good bye to the members
there. They are so sweet and they love helping out the missionaries,
and doing missionary work. We wouldn't get done a lot of what we did
with out them.
I want you all to know that even though changes come into our lives
that are unexpected and a little nerve racking, they are good. Yes
change is good, because sometimes (and the Lord knows) we all need a
little change or a lot of change for the good. Even if the change is
bad it is good because it refines us into a better person and that is
what this life is all about. Continuance and progression. Keep trying.
Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Keep keepin on. You can
do it. I know you can. The Lord knows you can.

Love you all :)

 Sister Plumb

Picture time!


Sister Xia and me at Subway!  She is a great companion and hard working!




This little cutie pie took my glasses and tag.


This is my "Grandma" while I was serving in Huntington, Pasadena area.  She would drive us to the store and buy us lunch a lot.  The best lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment