Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Today y'all get a lovely email from my companion sister Zollinger because I was too lazy to write one and I do not have as good of eloquence as she does. So enjoy this week from my companions point of view :)

... also I'm out of time. Merry Christmas 
Sister Plumb

Hello from California, which from what I hear is much warmer then
where y'all are.

This week... lots of biking, but that's not new!

Tuesday we had our Relief Society Christmas party and that was nice. The theme was angels among us and we got an angel ornament at the end. Wednesday we biked our legs off again and burned every calorie we'd ever eaten. I would tell you where
we biked but since y'all aren't here it wouldn't be as impressive. We
biked up all of the hills and then back to the bottom, then back
to the top, then halfway down, then back to the top, then to the
bottom where we live. And we hiked up the Wall again. Why someone
would live up there....well, it has an amazing view but other
than that.... it is a frightening road.

Thursday we helped a slightly crazy former investigator tract for his
phone. Apparently he had accidentally thrown it on the roof, and he
needed our help to figure out which house it was and ask them to get
it down. So we helped! It took us a couple house but we found it. Then
we biked  to the stake center and practiced singing away in a manger
for our zone conference the next day. Then we did some weekly
planning.

Friday was zone conference! And our sort of Christmas party. That was
fun. For the first 2 hours President Villanueva and his wife talked to
us, as well as our stake president. Then we had lunch. Then we read
luke 2 and each district took turns singing Christmas songs between
the verses in the languages of each district. Mine speaks Spanish and
english. There was one who had people who spake Armenian, English,
Korean, and Spanish.

Saturday...we had a lesson with Black, one of Neil's friends, who's
getting baptized on Saturday! He's doing super awesome and his English
is getting a lot better. As is my Chinese. I learned how to say merry
Christmas this week! shèngdàn kuàilè!圣then we met this guy named
José in our parking lot, and we taught him a bit and got his number.
Then we did some more planning. Taught a few lessons. Then we went to
dinner and helped them decorate their tree. Then we went back to the
church and met with José again. He seems super cool! Except he says
he's always really busy on Sunday's. We'll have to work on that.

Sunday was great. We went caroling that night with the youth and
stopped by a lot of less actives. The. Cool things. So, we have been
trying to contact this less active but that hasn't been working, but
we got a hold of a less active member's son and last week he had invited us to come back.
We showed up last night and he was super awesome! We taught the
restoration and he gave us presents! Who does that? They were in gift
bags and there was one for each of us and the member that came with
us. They were selfie sticks:P then he gave us each a pastry. It was a
good day.

And today, I'm talking to y'all, so all in all a good day.

I love y'all and hope you are doing well! I know that this is the
season of miracles and as we open our mouths the Lord will fill them
and we will be able to be his tools in bringing the children of God
closer to His love. This week, we were just going to leave José to his
skateboarding, but we stopped and talked to him instead. Because of
that, we are now teaching him the gospel. We wouldn't have found
Joseph if the name Joseph hadn't been stuck in Sister Plumb's head. We
wouldn't be teaching him if we hadn't shared our message despite the
fact that we had been looking for someone else. I know that in our
lives as we have the faith that God has placed people in our path so
that we can touch their lives, we will find those who are being

prepared to receive the gospel. Every member a missionary!

Sister Zollinger and Sister Plumb



No comments:

Post a Comment