Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Friday, December 2, 2016

Nihao Thanksgiving                                                     11/28/16

Man oh man I hope y'all had a full thanksgiving. Gobble till you
wobble am I right?
Thanksgiving was good and all but I am getting sick of left overs. We
literally get left overs after every dinner any way. We don't even
have to shop any more! It's a great thing :) but I have never been
given so much food in my life!
It's been a really interesting week where things that we weren't
planning on happening happened. Like for example Richard. Ok so there
are two Richards. There is this one Richard who always wears a lakers
jersey (that's Richard lakers) and then the other is normal Richard.
So we met normal Richard and he was super awesome, knew about Joseph
Smith and all so we set a time to meet with him Tuesday. Well Tuesday
comes around and we have two Richards saved in our phone and so we are
texting both Richards because we couldn't remember which one it was.
It turned out in the end when we were planning on seeing normal
Richard we ended up at Richard lakers house. Oh man did we have a good
laugh, but Richard lakers came to church! And he wasn't wearing his
lakers jersey! And he said he was going to join our church! But then
we got a call Sunday night that his friend has a church and that he is
going to give it to Richard lakers when he dies so Richard lakers said
he won't come to our church anymore..... it's been a whip lash of a
week you could say.
Speaking of whip lashes. There was also a guy named Jeremy we had a
good chat with because we almost got ran over by a car together. Great
bonding experience. He talked our ear off about some strange things
and while we were looking a ways a way we found our old investigator
dukes! Dukes is the best! He said he will be baptized so that's chill.
Neil, our amazing recent convert who wants to serve a mission, is
already serving a mission. He brought 3 of his friends to church to
hear him talk. HIS TALK WAS SO GOOD. He gave it in Chinese than in
English. And he did very well. We are now going to have English
classes with him and his friends! Yep. I'm starting English classes
where ever I go.
Oh my goodness this is such a long email and I haven't even gotten to
my 6 meal thanksgiving. Yes ok we really only had 4 meals I guess. We
had two full on thanksgiving lunches with two different people, and
then dodged the thanksgiving dinner the Korean Ward was having and then
had steak at Jesamyn’s house with her non-member family. Aw man it
was..... filling. Yes. And so was this email.
For some spiritual nourishment I just want all y'all to know that when
things don't work out the way you planned them it is always for a
reason. There are so many instances were we complain because things
didn't go our way, but instead what I learned this week is to always
appreciate the moments that don't work out because that's where God is
leading you the most, and quite literally showing you were to go. It
can be hard, and very humbling, but that's all it takes to receive the
promised blessings that he gives.

I love you all,


Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment