Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, December 12, 2016

Strive                                                                12/12/16


Hello, hello, hello!

Well this week was amazing! Of course, because how can you not have a
good time when you're on the Lord’s time? Course there's those hard
times that come, they come to everyone in different ways, but there
are always two things we can do about that. And I choose to smile
through :)

So getting to this lovely weekly email......

I'm just super pumped for the next month and a half because
1.Christmas
2. Sister Zollinger and I are staying together
3. I get to be in Rowland Heights
4. Christmas
5. Black is getting baptized on Christmas Eve
6. Christmas
7. Richard lakers is getting more and more pumped for his baptism each day
8. Christmas
9. Oh New Years I guess,
and
10. Christmas, of course.

You just can never be too grateful for such a wonderful time of year.
It was a great week this week. Mainly because we went to two Christmas
parties. Last Monday we went to one that was special for the more
seasoned members of our Ward, and we had a good time hearing Christmas traditions, having laughs, and downing sugar free crystal lite.

We biked. Surprise. Then we had OUR Ward Christmas party! It was, in a
word, legendary. Brother Dushane in our Ward made all the food, and it
was some of the best roast I've ever had. Sorry Dad. And Black, Siv,
Black’s sister, Amanda, Richard, Dukes and Demarcus came! And it was so weird because they all knew each other! I sat by Demarcus and Sister Z
sat by Black, Siv, and Amanda.  Then Richard came over and gave a bro-
hug to Demarcus. Sister Z and I were so confused. And then Dukes walks
in and sits across from us and Demarcus and Richard knew Dukes too! It
was like a get together for them through the church! The gospel unites
people, I'm tellin’ ya.

So with all the hustlin’ and bustlin’ that comes with the season, I just
want to take a few minutes of y'alls time, and share my testimony. A
word that has really stood out to me this past couple of weeks is the
word, Strive. I really like this word because it means more than
trying but yet it's not quite doing. A lot of the times I get
overwhelmed by all the things we have to do and accomplish, and the
people we have to help. I know that I can't do it on my own, and I
know that I can't just hopelessly rely on someone to do it for me. So
instead I have been striving to do my best in all the aspects on my
mission and knowing the parts that I lack in, and my weaknesses are
taken care of through the help of my Savior, Jesus Christ. It's so
fulfilling to be working side by side with Him, though he has carried
me a lot. It's a joy in learning and improving each day. And it's been
a Joy in Striving.

Love y'all :) have a good week.

Sister Plumb

Oh ya! It was President Villanueva’s birthday this week! Here's a
picture of my zone. It's a small zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment