Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Mini Utah 迷你犹他州

No but really Glendora is a mini Utah. I kinda love it. Ok I REALLY
love it! It's hilarious. There are probably 5 stop lights, two main
roads, members on every street corner, and miracles happening every 30
secs.

My fourth of July has been so fun so far!! Our Ward is AMAZING. They
held a pancake breakfast at 8 am with musical performances and
everything it was so cool. Sister Xia and I became pancake masters,
and we found new people to teach through it! It was delicious in so
many ways. Alrighty so to my week this week!

There is so much to say I do not even know where to start. Ok I know.
I will start with David. Oh my goodness I love him. We have met with
him every day this week, upon his request. He was supposed to be
baptized a couple weeks back but he needs to stop smoking- so if you
all are looking for someone to pray for please pray for him to have
the strength to stop- I don't think I have ever seen someone change so
dramatically in one week as much as he has. One thing I want to say
that is really significant about being a missionary is when we meet
people we can tell pretty much right away whether they have true
sincere interest in coming closer to Christ. Once David opened the
door last Monday I saw immediately in his eyes that desire, and it has
increased dramatically as we have met with him. It's hard for people
not to make their baptism dates, and David was feeling like a failure.
He thought there would be no more hope to being baptized. We told him
that if he prays sincerely with faith, repents, and reads his
scriptures every day he would have the confidence in himself and in
God to be baptized. He has a date for the 23 now. And it will be a
hard couple of week for him for sure, but his desire is there. He
reads from the Book of Mormon 2 hours a day and rereads what he reads
and he always has so many questions so he can do it!
Ok.... I'll get off my soap box about him, but it will be an amazing
day for him for sure.

Josie! I love her! She's Asian :) of course and she was baptized last
Sunday and confirmed yesterday. She is a great missionary. She invited
her friend to her confirmation, and they loved church. They are both
working on learning English, so English class is still continuing!
Sister Xia just gravitates all the Asians to her I guess because we
have another investigator who is learning English too and she has a
date for the 16. Her name is Sister Feng and she is so cute! We helped
with a yard sale this week which was......interesting. I won't get
into it.

Even though it takes two hours to walk around our whole area, it's a
huge blessing because it is so easy to get places and I don't waste
time traveling. I just want to give a shout out to all you
missionaries and prospecting missionaries and member missionaries out
there, because you're awesome, and your changing people lives so keep
up the good work!
Happy fourth :)

Love y'all
Sister Plumb

This is our favorite face to do... Sorry I have pictures but I don't.
I'll get more sometime!



No comments:

Post a Comment