Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Baptisms!

Zhenya asked me to send this for her this week.  Her P-day was on tuesday instead of Monday because they were having interviews with their Mission President on Monday.  Her and Sister Xia are doing well and have 2 baptisms this week!  

We had interviews yesterday with our Mission President yesterday. I
love our Mission President, President Villanueva and his wife so much. Seriously. Some of the
most hardworking, selfless, kindest people you will ever meet. I want
to be them. 

SO this week was kind of crazy but I loved it. First off
we thought we were going to have a baptism for Sister Feng this Sunday
but we were kind of unsure because she was MIA. We
finally met with her Thursday and she said that she was still up for
being baptized. So we scheduled an interview for her on Friday but she
missed it because her work is CRAZY. She works with people in China
and in America so she is literally working 24/7! I love her. If you
all want to pray for her, pray that she will be able to have the faith
and courage to stand for what she believes in because her boss is
really just not nice. That's as kind as I can put him.  But she had
her baptismal interview after church this Sunday everything went well and 
she's going to be baptized this Sunday!!  We went to see 
the temple and walk around the temple grounds, and she loved it!! 
I am really looking forward to her baptism!  

David is doing well. He is a bit grumpy, but ya know giving up tobacco
after taking it for over 40 years is a MAJOR struggle. But he always
says that he is grumpy with a smile. He is probably one of the most
courageous people I've met. But to be honest, everyone I have met with
on my mission and who I have seen make a covenant with God are very
courageous. There are many heartaches and struggles and challenges
that come from making this decision. I admire them because even when
Satan is working hard against them, they stand for what they know to be
true, because they felt something powerful. Something that
the world cannot duplicate in any way, and they did not deny it. They
did not ignore it. They acted on it and now they are seeing the many blessings 
that come from sacrifice and obedience. 

David will be baptized this Saturday! Keep praying that he will have
strength from the atonement to resist the temptations he has.
I know for a fact that prayers work. I have felt them and seen them
work. So thank you for remembering David and Sister Feng in your prayers.
I know that there is a lot.... A LOT to pray for now a days, but in a funny
way I know that there is not too much to worry about. As long as we
keep the faith and always keep Christ as our focus.
I love you!


Love,

Sister Plumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment