Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, July 18, 2016

How & when are you able to learn Chinese? , What is your most favorite part of your mission so far and least?

Hey Momma -                                                      7/11/16

I can't believe that John is home. I have been trying not to think
about home so much and I know it's going to be even more difficult not
to think about when more people start going home. Maybe it's difficult
cause my companion is going home next month so that makes me think
about it too.

I was thinking last Sunday, because the lesson was about temples, that
the first thing I want to do when I get home (besides hold a baby)
would be to go strait to the temple, because I just want to live
there.

Haha ya my Chinese is... We can say progressing. Sister Xia and I are
starting to only speak mandarin after nightly planning. So that helps.
And I'm focusing mainly on my pronunciation. I can pick up some words
here and there, but I can't really speak it. I just get so nervous!
There's a reason I'm English speaking! Hahaha but I just got to get
out of my comfort zone. I definitely want to go to China later on
though, so hopefully that will happen. Somehow.... People just say
that I'm probably going to marry a Chinese. Who would have thought?

My favorite part of the mission? ...... Man I can't decide. The fact
that I know that I am closer to God because I am in the service of his
children would be my favorite part. So that would also include that I
love the people. It took me a while to instinctively love people that
I meet, but now it is just so easy. I just love people. I want to know
their trials, and their successes, their struggles, and their crowning
moments. I know I can't help them, but I know what can. And I guess I
can help them by sharing it. That's all I do as a missionary. I just
invite people to hear about it. Just share a little of what I know,
and see if they want more. I love it. There is nothing greater in this
world than serving God.

My least favorite....... Honestly like I can't even complain. I was
going to say not having ac, but my mission president served in Mexico
and lived in a cramped trailer with no ac when it would be like 112
degrees out. And I was going to say the food (because I ate some
questionable Chinese food this week), but still. I'm in America. Where
there are McDonald's on every corner. I'm really trying to think. I
can't. My mission is literally a dream come true. Every challenge I
like. So I don't have a least favorite. Sorry!
The stairs sound fun! Oh my goodness. I am so out of shape!! Sister
Xia is a monster. She is so fit. I need to start running again my
endurance is at an all time low right now, but still trying to work
out some!

I am trying to send a special something for you for your birthday! I
don't know when it will get to you. Soooo.... Happy
birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment