Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, July 18, 2016

Trees 树


Hey y'all -                                                                               7/11/16

Well what an adventurous week this week. Of course every week is an
adventure. Well well well.... This email is entitled trees. Why? I'll
tell you. You know when a storm comes or when winds hit trees try to
take deeper root in the ground so they don't fall? Well. Now you know.
It's the same with all of us and our testimonies. Helaman 5:12 "And
now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our
Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your
foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds,
yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his
mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to
drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the
rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation
whereon if men build they cannot fall."

We shared this scripture with David this week because man oh man did some winds, and storms come in the whirlwinds. But he pulled through! It's amazing to see the progress he is making and has made in his life. So yesterday was the first day in 50 years that he went with out smoking. Ya. That is HUGE. It has been a really big step for him.
I know that all of us in our lives have experiences and events occur
in our lives that help us take deeper root. I know that it is because
of those experiences that we are able to make it through the storms of
life. I know that we would even be able to grow and be where we are
now if it wasn't for a loving Heavenly Father to send us a savior to
help us over come the storms of life. It's amazing how much you can
learn from his gospel everyday.

People have been asking how my Chinese is coming. I'll just say that
of course I am not fluent. Yet! Haha no actually far far from it.  We
are speaking mandarin at night after nightly planning though. So that
gets..... Confusing. But it is definitely helpful!

We spent the day with our recent convert Josie. She is a great
missionary! That's the picture attached. And we also had to move
sister Fengs baptismal date to the 24 because she didn't come to
church! Daaaah. But she can make it. :)

Anyways. Love you all. Remember who you are.

Sister Plumb



No comments:

Post a Comment