Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Look

Hey fam,

It's clear skies and sunshine today, with a high of 67! I can't
believe it's January with weather like this, however I am jealous of
you snowboarders out there.

Richard got baptized this week! I am just so amazed! Hahaha when the
sisters first met him a while back he would always yell at them and
told them that they weren't Christian but just a couple months ago in
November when we talked to him, We got his number, invited him to
church, and he loved it! It was so funny because every lesson we would
start off with him he would be totally against it at first, but as we
explained things to him, and he asked questions he understood why, and
by the end of the lesson he would be 110% cool with it. No joke. It's
amazing what the gospel can do. Now the elders tell us that he is
being an awesome missionary and inviting everyone he sees to church
and to listen to the missionaries.

If you all remember Bobby, he is the guy that we always have to bike
up monstrous hills to see, but then ended up not being interested. His
brother got baptized the same day as Richard! And so now a member who
is friends with his mom said that his mom (her name is Ann) wants us
to teach her! So we gonna take on some monstrous hills this week.
Bring it on.

Ok let's see what else's happened..... hopefully you all are
interested in hearing about these people. They all are so amazing and
they teach me things everyday. Speaking of that! We saw Jason again
this week! Twice! And he came to church! I don't think he realizes how
interested in the gospel he is. When we were teaching him the
restoration this week, and we told him about Joseph smiths first
vision. He said, "wait a second, so Joseph Smith wasn't looking to
start a church, he just wanted to know which one was true." The spirit
hit me like a ton of bricks. Even though I have taught the
restoration, and have said the same thing that Jason has said to so
many people, and I knew it was true before. I could feel that he knew
it was true, and he was able to reconfirm to me that this is Christ's
true church on the earth today, because it was formed by man. It was
restored through a humble prophet of God.

I just think its miraculous the way we find people here in Rowland
Heights. Every area is different. That's for sure. But in Rowland
Heights we talk with EVERYONE. Even if they don't speak English. We
try to speak Spanish or Chinese or Korean as best we can to them. I
know the Lord sees our efforts and the true intents of our hearts in
everything that we do. All we have to do is look for those moments he
gives us to lift someone up and to share with them that which they
stand in need of.

We will be going to the temple this Saturday with Joseph! Also it's
transfer calls this week. Sister Zollinger really want to stay
together just one more!!

Hope you all have good week! Be warm. Remember who you are.




Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment