Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, January 9, 2017

Stronger

Well well well my friends and family, it's been another wonderful week living the life of a typical sister missionary. Call me basic. 
This week....... man. Always a week to remember. I think every week should be a week to remember. Maybe some weeks don't have to be, well at least for our learning we can remember them. 

So a little random something that I promise will relate to this email is something that I learned in biology class years ago. We were learning about muscles and how in order to strengthen our muscles they must be broken down and then brought back together as we continue exercising. It's the same with us. A little something I like to call humility.  As we go along in life we recognize our weaknesses, we find faults in ourselves, in others, and yadayadayada.  But as I am learning, we can keep going and strive to overcome the weaknesses as we apply the atonement in our lives and through Christ and his strength, we are brought back into something stronger than before. There's a really cool song that has been playing over and over again in my head, "I can be stronger now, because He should me how". I know that Christ overcame all sin, and conquered death. He has set the example for us all and has literally cleared the way and made it bright for us to follow Him. You can't miss it. It is all around us and it's our choice to follow it. 

Alright so learning about strength from the atonement was good for this week. Physically, mentally, emotionally, it's the best medicine. This week we biked another mountain, and I mean literally not figuratively for all you people who like to read between the lines ;) 
It was a good time. Saw a sunset, and gained muscles of course. 

As far as the peeps we are teaching goes. Everyone except for Joseph and Brandy showed up to church yesterday so that was a win :). Joseph has said that he wants to come to our church first before the singles so, pray for him and his testimony that it will be focused. Richard (Richard Lakers remember him;) ) is still set to be baptized this weekend, and we are disappointed we won't be able to see it. I don't think I've told y'all about Edward.... he saw us on the street on our bikes and thought it was the most important thing in the world for us to meet with him (and for most people that could be true).  He was a little hung up on Buddah being the anti christ but now we think we got him focused on why it's more important to know which church is true instead of which churches aren't. Michelle came with her daughter Heidi! We met them on the street Christmas Eve :) they will be going to the Chinese Ward next week though. And then Jason, Jason is great! He has got a lot of questions, but we had a very spiritual lesson with him at the church and we committed him to come to church, and he showed up! Which doesn't always happen so we will see where it goes :) pray for him that he won't be so stressed out as he keeps the commandments. 

I know I say this a lot but thank you all so much for the love and support you’re giving me while I'm out here. I know your prayers really do help. It's so nice to go through out the day and know that someone is out there praying for me. I pray for you all too. Not individually unfortunately.... I'm not that skilled yet, but I definitely think about ya. If there's anything you need from me please let me know. I'm only an email away :) 

Have a good week. 


Sister Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment