Scriptures

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things for myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 46. Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God... 48. I say unto you, that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. 49. And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren."
-Alma 5:45-46,48-49
"Come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness."
-Moroni 10:32

My Address: (I LOVE MAIL!)
Sister Zhenya Plumb
California Arcadia Mission
614 W. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006-2030

Monday, January 30, 2017

Xinien keyle

                                                     
That means Happy New Year in Chinese!!

Wow y'all what an adventure it has been being in a trio here. It's
been in a word, Legendary. And I cannot believe a week has gone
by...... ok so the update on my life. It's good! We are working hard
and fast and furiously. Joseph is getting closer and closer to baptism
but he has to tell his family! We are hoping that he'll get that
courage soon. Also Jason is doing good! Working on repentance, which
we all know is hard so keep him in your prayers too. Ann is doing
amazing. She is praying about baptism this week and we know she is
going to take some convincing but there’s nothing the spirit can't do.
So she'll be fine. We were a little worried about Siv because he had
kinda dropped off the face of the planet but then we went to a Chinese
New Year celebration at the church and he was there!! He looked pretty
upset so we ate good food with him and practiced our Chinese writing
and it cheered him up a bit. I can imagine just a tiny bit of what
these boys are going through leaving their homes and families and
going to a foreign land but my land isn't as foreign as theirs.

Something that I really wanted to work on this week was my faith, and
knowledge in the gospel. Mainly because I wanted to apply the things
that I have been learning more, and I realized how much faith that is
taking. It's really intriguing the correlation between faith and
knowledge because as we know, "faith is not to have a perfect
knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things
which are not seen, which are true." Alma 32:21 once we exercise our
faith and put the trust that is needed in Heavenly Father and his
will, we gain experience and it turns into a perfect knowledge. Faith
and knowledge are necessary in order to have a strong testimony and it
is amazing to be sharing that with the people that I meet here.

I hope you all had a fantastic week :) thanks for being so awesome.
Love ya
Sister Plumb

1. Going to the temple with Joseph and Sister Hernandez
2. Last pic/jam sesh with my girl Sister Z
3. Sister Barney’s birthday!
4. Zone pic

5. Chinese New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment